Thursday 4 February 2016

1. FAMILY IN THE CAODAI NEW LAW



By HUỆ KHẢI (Dũ Lan LÊ ANH DŨNG)
RELIGION Publishing House (Hanoi 2014)

*

CONTENTS

I. A CONCEPT OF THE FAMILY

II. FAMILY IN THE CAODAI NEW LAW

1. Protecting disciples’ families in normal cases

2. Protecting disciples’ families in unexpected cases

3. Protecting and educating the disciples’ future generations

III. CONCLUSION

*

FROM HEART TO HEART
Originally, Family in the Caodai New Law is my talk at the Organ for Universalising Caodai Teaching at 4.30pm on Friday, 13 May 1983. After thirty-one years, I have now revised and added more details to the manuscript. Besides, I have rendered the Vietnamese text into English, hoping to introduce to overseas readers some aspects of humanistic value of the Caodai New Law.
I would like to acknowledge my special thanks to Messrs. Lê Anh Minh, Ngọc Quang Minh, and Tô Mạnh Đoàn, who have greatly helped me with their conceptual and editorial suggestions to improve my translation.
I would also like to express my sincere gratitude to all respectable donors who have earnestly and unceasingly financed the Programme for Joining Hands to Publish Free Caodai Books for many long years. Thanks to their noble support, like a great deal of other books, this booklet has a good opportunity to be widely disseminated.
With my sincere reverence, I pray God to bestow great favours upon my benefactors, their ancestors, and families.
Namo Caodai the Immortal Mahabodhisattva Mahasattva.
Nhiêu Lộc, 09 September 2014

HUỆ KHẢI